Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fibromyalgia and Stress: Catch 22 !

Fibromyalgia is triggered by stress (trauma, infection, divorce etc..). Fibromyalgia is expressed with diffuse pains, fatigue, sleep disturbances and many other symptoms!
All those symptoms are stressful.

See the catch 22 situation!

The more stress, the more triggered the fibromyalgia!

In the treatment, this aspect must be integrated. Treating the pain or any other symptom isn't enough. We must also decrease the stress and teach techniques to control it. But anti-stress techniques on their own are not enough either.

A proper understanding of the fibromyalgia disease at the cellular level is of prime importance.
This is the first step towards success. I will soon be announcing great news but a good start is to read this book.
http://www.fibromyalgia-information-relief.com/fibromyalgia-books.html

Philippe


1 comment:

  1. I am going to read that book. I've recently realized that stress, emotional pain and physical pain are part of a greater whole. I have been delving into this with my fibro as well. On the emotional side, I've been doing yoga and seeing a massage therapist who does cranial sacral and reiki - and trying other stress reduction techniques. On the physical side I've been using a ChiliPad - a mattress pad that lets you cool down (or heat up) your bed, mine lets me set any temperature between 46 and 118 degrees. It helps with pain and I have been getting more sleep because I'm not woken up by pain as easily. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete